Kids say the darndest things…
Here is a list of my top ten funniest quotes from my Kindergarteners. Sometimes it is hard to keep myself from laughing out loud.
- “Ms. S, Robert told me that he likes Jakyiah, and that he cheated on her.
- After school, one of my kids, Damonte, held up a Valentine with an owl on it.
Me: “Damonte, can you tell me what that animal is?”
Damonte: “It’s a hoot. Hoots come out at night.”
- “Ms. S, turkeys don’t have eyes. That’s make-believe.”
- “When I grow up, I want to be a vampire.”
- Today I showed my kids a picture of a man fishing by a pond in the woods. I asked them to look closely at the picture, and share what they saw. My favorite response, and most relevant: “My Mom got me a Snuggie for Christmas.”
- On Tuesday…
Me: “girls stand up”
Davion: (pointing at Chazz who is, in fact, a boy) “that girl is not standing!”
- And then on Wednesday…
Me: “ok kindergarten, Chazz is picking up his book. Let’s watch as he walks to his table.”
Gabari: “that’s not a boy!”
Jekayla: “that is a boy!”
- Chazz: “But I am a boy!”
- Me: “Leroy, how old are you?”
Christian: “Leroy is 3.”
Amari: “No, Leroy is 2.”
Me: “Actually, Leroy is 5.”
The whole class: “Whhhaaat?”
And the top 10 funniest quote from kindergarten is…
- Anthony: “Derek just peed on me!”
Derek: “Anthony peed on me first!”
Needless to say, there is never a dull moment. But It does appear that we have a little gender confusion…and we need to have a conversation about proper hygiene.