Joggers and Gym Shoes Blog contains affiliate links. Read full Disclosure Policy here.
This winter took a toll on my soul. I found myself feeling anxious all the time, and I was having trouble sleeping. Deciding I needed to do something to get out of my funk, I made the conscious effort to read more books and watch less tv. I am absolutely LOVING this change in my life. I am sleeping better, and feel calmer. I honestly don’t miss tv. I can catch up this summer. Right now, I so look forward to climbing into bed with a good book. I am excited to share with you all of the amazing books I have read recently in my “Book Review”.
- The Last Mrs. Parrish: Of all the suspense on this list (titles 1 – 4), this was by far my favorite. Amber befriends Daphne in an effort to steal her husband and her life. It had a twist that I loved, and didn’t see coming. It was so hard to put this book down. I stayed up really late finishing it one night. This is a must read!
- The Wife Between Us: If you enjoyed The Last Mrs. Parrish, you will love this book! Don’t read them back to back like I did though as they have a similar theme. This one had a twist that I didn’t expect at all, and it shook me a little bit!
- The Safest Lies: I enjoyed this book a lot but it gave me nightmares. Didn’t stop me from reading it though 😉 Basically, the mom in this story was kidnapped as a child and, out of fear, has not left her house in 17 years. Her daughter is trying to live a normal life but after coming home late one night discovers that her mother has vanished. I loved the story, and the characters. This book ended kind of abruptly though, and that is one of my pet peeves. I need to know exactly what happens to everyone, and this book didn’t give me that. Still a good book, and I recommend it!
- The Marriage Lie: This was another easy read, and I enjoyed this book but it was probably my least favorite out of all the the suspense on this list. The husband “disappears”, and is presumed dead. The wife spends the book digging up secrets from her husbands past, and trying to discover the truth about what happened to her husband. I liked the story but I didn’t love the characters, and felt it needed more of a conclusion but I still enjoyed reading it!
- The Light We Lost: This book was one of Reese Witherspoon’s Hello Sunshine book club pics, and it was uh – maiz – ing. I needed a break from all of the thrillers and suspense I was reading, and this book was the perfect choice. It’s your modern day tragic love story but it’s so well written. I loved the characters. I loved the writing. In fact, as soon as I finished it, I reread it. It was that good! Read this book!
What books have you been reading? I’d love to add some new ones to my list!